“John Maxwell Team members are people of value who value people and add value to them.”
This past August, Mike and I attended the live International Maxwell Certification event in Orlando, Florida. It was an amazing experience getting to be around such a wonderful group of positive energetic people. 🙂 Here are just a few golden nuggets of wisdom from the event.
- We must value ourselves before we can value others. We cannot give what we do not have.
- Success happens to us. Significance happens through us.
- We teach what we know, but we reproduce who we are.
- Eeyore is the spirit animal of the pessimist.
- Leadership is making decisions based on principles, not on optics.
- If you do nothing, you drift. No one has ever drifted to a desired location.
- We overcome difficult times on the outside by Becoming bigger and better on the inside.
- There are some people on your team who need to be off the bus.
- How we view things is how we do things.
- Don’t hide your light. When you hide your light, you’re keeping it from someone else.
- Hold tightly to purpose and loosely to plans.
- Speak life into the lives of others including the one in the mirror.
- Fear keeps us safe but also keeps us from opportunity.
- Your story is your superpower.
- It’s only over when you choose to quit.
- Spectacular results are always preceded by unspectacular preparation.
- Success happens day by day not in a day.
- You’ve got to get really good at cheering for yourself. Others will cheer for you after you’ve made it.
- To grow as an entrepreneur, you have to be OK with things being done in a way different from how you would do them.
- When we think nothing is happening, something is happening. The effort you put in to grow and develop is never wasted, it is stored.
Celebrating 10 Years of the John Maxwell Team
**Special note: As of March 2022, the John Maxwell Team is now known as the Maxwell Leadership Certified Team.